|Makita BSS610Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)|
|Retail Price: $238.00|
|Amazon Price: Too low to display|
I recently decided to take a big step into the future and purchase a cordless circular saw. I’m pretty old school when it comes to my tool choices, but with an upcoming renovation on three rooms in our house, I decided to check into some of the newer tools that are out there.
My first concern was a circular saw, so I did some online checking to see what people were saying about the cordless circular saws that are available. After comparing a few online reviews, I decided to buy the Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw.
This is a serious tool for serious work. Now, I only fix up stuff around the house. I know my way around construction projects, but I’m no pro, but this saw is perfect for pros and amateurs (like me), alike.
I had assumed that a cordless circular saw wouldn’t have much power at all. However, the Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z has plenty of power. The 18 volt motor in this bad boy gives me plenty of cutting power for cutting nearly any kind of lumber. Being able to cut wood without getting tangled up in a cord, or having the cord get stuck on a corner, is like a dream come true. I never thought I was limited by using power tools that plugged in, but after going completely cordless with my saw, I can’t see ever going back.
- Weighs just 7.1 lbs (with battery, which is not included)
- Makita LXT Lithium-Ion battery and Energy Star rated 30-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger
- 3-year warranty on tool
- 18 volt high torque motor
- Compact design for easy cutting
- Excellent LED light. The Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z comes with a cool LED light to shed a bit of illumination on work surfaces. I didn’t think I’d get much from this feature, but the extra light helps me stay on the straight and narrow when I cut.
- Great dust blower. Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z also includes a nice built-in dust blower that keeps saw dust and other debris out of the cut line. Again, this seemed like a bit of an extravagance, but it makes cutting a whole lot easier.
- Very powerful. The power of this circular saw makes it a real tool to contend with. I never expected to have a cordless circular saw that could really do what the fully electric saws can, but Makita really put some work into the high torque motor on this saw.
- No battery. Need I say more? Of course I knew that the battery wasn’t included when I ordered my Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw online, but man I wish they would just throw the battery into the mix for future buyers. I didn’t care for making an additional purchase for the battery, but had to do it anyway.
- Needs recharging. Another battery related con is recharging. I don’t like having to recharge, so I bought an extra battery, that way I always have one in rotation charging up. I know recharging comes with the territory, but I needed to mention that an extra battery is a good idea if you’re putting in long hours with this saw.
I got more than I bargained for with the Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw. It is very powerful and great for precision cutting. Not being plugged in makes working with this circular saw a lot of fun. While no tool is perfect, buying the Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw has been one of the better tool purchases I’ve ever made.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 62% discount for the Bare-Tool Makita BSS610Z 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw. This means their current price is $134.86 cheaper than the usual retail price.