This past summer, I decided to finally finish some of those projects that I’ve been putting off for a while. The first big thing on my list was building a deck around our home. I knew that this was going to take me a lot of time, but I wanted to do what I could [...]
Best Circular Saw Reviews and Buyers Guide
Looking for the best circular saw in the market? You’ve come to the right place. On this website you’ll find a great collection of authentic circular saw reviews written by a real user. They’ll help you to find the best circular saws for your specific needs.
Circular saws are handy power tools that make cutting wood, and other materials a lot more manageable. They are commonly used in construction or remodeling job that requires a lot of wood to be cut on site because they simplify the cutting of 2x4s and other lumber and can cleanly cut large pieces of plywood without having to rely bulky table saws.
Types of Circular Saws You Can Buy
Circular saws are typically divided into 3 different designs:
- Sidewinder Circular Saws. These are typically lightweight and very easy to handle. The name comes from the layout of the motor being off to the side of the blade.
- Worm Drive Circular Saws. These saws are designed to place the motor directly in line with the blade. They are typically heavier than sidewinders. Professional carpenters often prefer worm drive circular saws.
- Cordless Circular Saws. These types of circular saws aren’t quite as powerful as the other types, but they make up for that with the convenience and ease of use that comes with being cordless. New battery technology that provides longer charge times has made these saws extremely popular as of late.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Circular Saw
A professional carpenter will have different features that they prefer on a circular saw when compared to a more casual user. There certainly are saws to cater to every type of user, but there are some features that everyone should be aware of when purchasing a circular saw.
- An efficient, working blade guard. Circular saws can be dangerous, and safety must be the first concern for everyone who plans to use one. Buyers should make sure that the circular saw they are considering for purchase has a blade guard that is built with safety in mind.
- An electric brake and spindle lock. When a circular saw has to be stopped quickly, a good brake is required. This feature should be a non-negotiable when choosing a circular saw. Spindle locks are also important, as they allow the user to lock the spindle securely while changing blades.
- Consider the weight of the saw. People who plan on only using their circular saws every once in a while for short, simple jobs, may be okay to choose a slightly heavier saw. For people who will be using a circular saw regularly or on big jobs, a lighter saw should be considered because they are not as burdensome as heavier saws.
Popular Circular Saw Manufacturers
Stil, Black & Decker, Milwaukee and Makita are some of the top manufacturers of popular circular saw models. Each of these companies is well known for selling great circular saws of all three of the major design varieties. Casual users may be more interested in cordless or lighter weight sidewinder models, while professional builders and carpenters often opt for worm drive models, though more of the pros are starting to use cordless circular saws at work.
For tough cutting jobs and serious carpentry projects, the circular saw is an essential tool for getting the job done right.