|The First Years Via Infant Car Seat – Cappuccino|
|Retail Price: $129.99|
|Amazon Price: View Sale Price|
Parents that are looking for an infant seat that is easy to use The First Years Via 1450 Infant Carseat is the perfect choice. This car seat is so simple to use that it has received a five star rating in the ease of use section from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. The five-point harness is designed to help keep baby safe, but the manufacturers of this car seat have gone a few steps further.
One of the biggest problems with car seat sis adjusting the five-point harness, parents have to unthread the straps in order to make any necessary adjustments. With this car seat, the manufacturers made it to where parents can adjust the harness as baby grows without having to take the harness apart. Even better is the fact that the harness can be adjusted with just one hand.
Installing the base of this car seat is another perfect example of how easy it is to use. The base has two separate LATCH attachment points, but also comes with built in lock offs, which these make installing the base a snap. The base will easily fit into the backseat of most cars’ today due to its ability to be adjusted to four different positions. The angle indicator located on the side of the seat makes it easy to tell if the base is in the right position.
- Triple layer padding. One drawback to many infant car seats is that they never have enough padding to keep baby comfortable, they always seem to fall just a little short. The First Years Via 1450 comes with three layers of padding to help make it one of the most comfortable car seats on the market.
- Easy off pad. Having a baby means messy spills, including spit up, in the car seat. Just the thought of having to take a car seat apart makes me cringe, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy this one was to clean. The pad snaps on and off to make cleaning up a breeze, no more worries about unthreading and rethreading the harness just to wash the pad.
- Compatible with First Years Wave and Indigo Strollers. Many parents are looking for an infant car seat that sits directly on top of a stroller, but they don’t want to pay for a travel system. The First Years Via 1450 is designed to work with both the Wave and Indigo Strollers made by The First Years. This is really nice for parents looking to upgrade the car seat but not the stroller.
- Deep side wings. This car seat is made with deep side wings to help protect baby during a collision. The deep side wings provide side impact collision protection because they help prevent baby from falling over the side of the car seat.
- Headrest moves too easily. The only problem that I have had with this car seat is that the headrest that is designed to be used with newborns moves too easy. It is constantly sliding down on its own. To help fix the problem I used some Velcro to hold it in place.
The First Years Via 1450 is the perfect car seat for parents who are looking for one that is easy to use and easy to carry. Once the base is installed inside the car, parents can take the car seat off the base with just one hand. The best part is that you get all of these outstanding features at an affordable price.