|Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill|
|Retail Price: $107.99|
|Amazon Price: $69.50|
Camping trips and other outdoor get-togethers call for food, and nothing’s better than food hot off the grill. But to get that great tasting food, it takes a quick heating, portable grill, like the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill. I’ve been using this grill for years, and it has never let me down. I love being able to get this portable charcoal grill up to cooking temperatures quickly.
Thanks to the cast iron design of the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill, it’s never a problem to get the coals just right for cooking burgers, hot dogs and even steaks. I count on the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill whenever I go camping, and have even used it as a back up grill when my regular, full-sized grill finally bit the dust.
A Solid Portable Grill
One thing that bothers me is that when some products are labeled as “portable” they also seem to be flimsy and not made well. Thankfully, the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill is the exact opposite of the typical, “portable” product.
This grill is built to last for years. It’s made of cast iron, which is nice since so many other grills are made of flimsy, thin metal. This grill has held up well, despite being used on several dozen camping trips, and it’s just as solid today as it was the day I first got it. Quality matters to me, and the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill is definitely a quality charcoal grill.
Features & Specs
- Features two adjustable cooking speeds, so it’s easy to get it to cook the foods I take on any camping trip. Measures 19 by 10-1/4 by 8-1/4-inch; limited lifetime warranty.
- There’s a built in draft door that helps to keep the heat regulated, by keeping the oxygen flowing.
- Easy clean up. It’s simple to wash this grill by hand after each use to keep it clean and ready for the next cookout.
- Rugged cast iron construction, means that this is a portable charcoal grill that is built to last.
- Grate measures 17.25 by 9 inches, so there’s plenty of cooking capacity when cooking big steaks.
- Quick Heating. The Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill gets to prime cooking temperatures quickly.
- Sturdy. The cast iron build of this grill means that it is durable enough to take along on any type of trip.
- Even Cooking. The hibachi-style of the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill means it cooks steaks and burgers evenly.
- Draft door. Keeps the heat regulated on this grill, so I always get the temperatures I need for prime-time cooking.
- No Lid. This type of grill doesn’t have a lid. It took me a while to get used to that, after growing up with kettle grills.
- Not for Smoking or Roasting. The lack of a lid means that roasting or smoking is out of the question.
- Heavy. This grill is made out of cast iron, so it is one heavy grill.
I don’t like to roast poultry or other foods when I’m camping, so the roasting/smoking limitation is no big deal to me. This grill handles standard cookout fare, like steaks, burgers and corn-on-the-cob with no problems at all. It’s heavy, but that just attests to how sturdy this grill is. If you camp out or hit the tailgating parties, the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill should be considered an essential ingredient to have good food and great times.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 24% discount for the Lodge Logic L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill. This means their current price is $14.45 cheaper than the usual retail price.