When you do carpentry for a living, you rely on tough, powerful tools to get projects done on time. For true power, there’s no table saw on the market today that compares to the Powermatic 1792002K PM2000 10-Inch Left Tilt 3 Horsepower Cabinet Saw. This is a cabinet saw that’s powerful enough to handle large [...]
Best Table Saw Reviews – A Buyers Guide
Table saws are powerful, heavy-duty cutting tools. They are also one of the most versatile power tools that you can use, as they can easily cut through a wide variety of materials easily and accurately. Like any other type of tool, though, there are options that you need to be aware of before you get one for yourself.
Types of Table Saws
- Portable Table Saws. These are the most popular types of table saws, as they are smaller, more affordable and easier to use than the other types of table saws. They are used a lot on construction sites, since they are easy to move around and set up.
- Contractor Table Saws. These types of table saws are larger than the portable models, but some of them are still able to be moved around on work sites. They typically feature a larger table and a storage cabinet for holding saw accessories and hand tools.
- Benchtop Table Saws. This type of table saw is somewhere between a portable table saw and a shop saw. They feature a built in table, or come with a small bench that you can easily attach the saw to.
- Cordless Table Saws. If you need to use a table saw without being bogged down by a power cord, you may want to invest in a cordless, rechargeable table saw.
Popular Table Saw Manufacturers
There are a few companies that are known for making the best table saws. If you’re planning on getting a table saw, you’ll probably want to get one from one of these trusted manufacturers.
Each of these companies makes popular table saws. Some of them are better known for making portable models, while others are known for making bigger, shop quality table saws. If quality matters to you, be sure to buy your table saw from one of these trusted manufacturers.
While the most important thing about a table saw is its ability to cut accurately, there are some other options that you should look for. After all, it’s nice to get extras when they are available, so keep a sharp eye out for these features when you’re comparing table saws.
- Table size. If you plan on cutting bigger pieces of wood, you’ll want a larger table.
- Safety Features. Safety is always a concern when you’re using a table saw, so try to find a model that includes plenty of features to keep you safe while cutting.
- Storage space. Even some of the portable table saws have cabinet space to hold your tools and spare blades. You won’t find storage space on every saw, but it’s nice to have if you can find it.
You’ll get a lot of quality work done when you use a table saw, as long as you buy the right saw for your cutting needs. If you remember the facts you learned here, you’ll be an informed tool shopper who knows precisely what to look for when shopping for your table saw.